10 mins (prep) | 45 mins (cooking)
A delicious and easy to make dish – great in winter and even better with local spuds 🙂
- 600g organic local potatoes, whole
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed virgin organic olive oil
- 1tablespoons organic butter (optional) or extra olive oil
- 1 large clove Russian garlic or 2 cloves Italian garlic, crushed
- 1 large sprigs fresh rosemary, stripped
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
Step by Step
Peel potatoes (optional)
In a large saucepan cover potatoes and bring to a rolling boil.
Parboil potatoes 5-10 minutes: they should be partly cooked through, but firm enough to slice.
Drain and cool.
Halve lengthwise, quarter or slice into chunky rounds.
Allow potatoes to dry for a crispier finish.
Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frypan. Add butter if using and wait til mixture is ‘foamy’.
Fry potato pieces in a single layer until golden; cook in batches if need be, to avoid over-crowding.
Add garlic and rosemary and sauté 2-3 minutes.
Season with pepper and salt, garnish with fresh rosemary and enjoy!